I received a Marks gift card for $50 at Christmas.It says on the back that it can be redeemed for merchandise in store or at

Since I have a coupon good for $15 for online purchases at Marks if I spend $50, I want to use the gift card online. Turns out the gift card cannot be used online. Marks customer service seems to think that if they simply apologize for the "inconvenience" and say the gift cards cannot be used online "at this time", I will go away. I have been a loyal Marks customer for a long time, but this has infuriated me.

I will be lodging an official Consumer Complaint with the Consumer Protection Bureau.It is illegal for a company to promise a service that they know they cannot provide, something that Marks has done by selling a gift card that says it can be used online when they know that it cannot be used online.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Service promised - not delivered, Customer service dismissed concerns.

I’ve Just had the same issue. Double checked the back of the card and it does indicate as a way to purchase