1.4

Purchased a winter coat at the end of November, noticed it was missing a zip in hood liner after getting home. Decided to live without it.

Had one of the buttons fall out some where within the first 60 days. By the beginning of feb the main zipper failed and cannot release ( not fabric caught or anything like that, the metal component won't disconnect on lower zipper, as it has a upper and lower zipper on the same track). The coat now can only be worn or removed by climbing out of it like a dress or very large hoody. Went to the store to see about some assistance, do not have recipient (accustomed to shopping at pretty every other store where that can look it up), brought a copy of my visa statement showing date of purchase (some stores need this for receipt lookup) was told there is nothing that can do.

Asked to speak to a manager, had to return another day. On second visit they offers $15 store credit. No opportunity or efforts were made beyond this and told us that is corporate policy. I explained we generally shop there (somewhere from $600- $1000 dollars a year for the family) as can be demonstrated from visa statments but if the best they can do for a $200 coat less than 90 days old, that is pretty much useless now, is $15 gift card then I can't see us returning to their store again.

They informed me that is my perogotive, and didn't seem to be interested in helping at all. I suppose ensuring a corporate policy that limits customers ability to het good service or returns theoretically helps their bottom line, at the expense of ripping of the customer. I can't imagine why retail stores like this are having a hard time competing. Thumbs up to Costco, Home Depot, Sport Check, and Amazon, (just to name a few ) for having reasonable return policies.

Won't be shopping at Marks again.

We will likely get an estimate at a sewing shop to see about repair, but considering Marks says they are selling the coat now for $15.... hardly seems worth it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Coat.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 16.

Comments