Calgary, Alberta
1.5

Hi, I live in a city of a million people. I am a woman who works in construction. It is clearly a man who finds the product for marks. This is a picture of the entire women's work wear section in marks in Calgary. This is about 1/100th of the work wear clothing. The other 99/100th belonging to men. Not only is the selection horribly small, it sticks out like a sore thumb, with colours like pink and purple. Not sure if you've ever been a woman in construction but I think I have enough factors stacked against me with having a *** in a mans world already. I don't need to be blatantly labeled as a woman showing up to work wearing bright pink or purple. I wouldn't wear these colours in my day to day life, nor would I wear them at work. This is only provoking men to treat me "like a woman".

I would like equality in the work place, but we just aren't there yet, socially, so I do my best to fit in like one of the guys, so I can have the opportunities they have.

I just want a normal black or grey work shirt, just like all the guys clothes. I would buy the men's clothes but they don't seem to fit in the hips or ***. Weird. Also I'm not wearing baggy *** clothes to work that can get caught in rotating equipment. Is it so much to ask for to sell some plain *** women's wear. Maybe with like two shirts.. Almost like I have an option?

Women work, they need clothes. They don't need to stand out. This has been going on way too long.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Had an Experience with Marks Work Wearhouse?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion