Marks Work Wearhouse - Review in Footwear and Clothing category
Hi, I live in a city of a million people. I am a woman who works in construction. It is clearly a man who finds the product for marks. This is a picture of the entire women's work wear section in marks in Calgary. This is about 1/100th of the work wear clothing. The other 99/100th belonging to men. Not only is the selection horribly small, it sticks out like a sore thumb, with colours like pink and purple. Not sure if you've ever been a woman in construction but I think I have enough factors stacked against me with having a *** in a mans world already. I don't need to be blatantly labeled as a woman showing up to work wearing bright pink or purple. I wouldn't wear these colours in my day to day life, nor would I wear them at work. This is only provoking men to treat me "like a woman".
I would like equality in the work place, but we just aren't there yet, socially, so I do my best to fit in like one of the guys, so I can have the opportunities they have.
I just want a normal black or grey work shirt, just like all the guys clothes. I would buy the men's clothes but they don't seem to fit in the hips or ***. Weird. Also I'm not wearing baggy *** clothes to work that can get caught in rotating equipment. Is it so much to ask for to sell some plain *** women's wear. Maybe with like two shirts.. Almost like I have an option?
Women work, they need clothes. They don't need to stand out. This has been going on way too long.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "don't be fooled by reviews on their own site, they only post good ones. Actual, honest, bad reviews are deleted, that's why there's none. I paid $ 370 for two..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I ordered a "dusty blue" dress shirt online. It was a nice blue in the images but...inreality it was a white shirt with faint blue stripes. Not at all what..."
- "the watch has a bad movement and send it back for repair, called several times to know about the status of the watch, every time I was told a different..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "since October I've have had 5 people to see the water damage from the dish. attached are pictures and all have agreed the damage from the dish. the frustration is..."
- "In the fall of 2014 we purchased the Treasure Garden AKZ13 13’ Cantilevered Umbrella. I put the umbrella up for the first time on a calm day. I filled all four..."
- "Good Morning *****, Happy Friday the 13th! How are we this morning? Good I hope. I’m doing, well… not so good. You see I have become disillusioned with products offered..."
- "What a terrible store! Do yourself a favour and DO NOT shop here, no matter how cheap their prices are. I purchased a couch last week along with a coffee table,..."